Our Regional-Inspired Gift Baskets Include ALL of the Following:
- QTY2One (1) LB Bags of All Natural Pasta
- QTY2Gourmet Seasoning and/or Spice Mix
- QTY2Regional Candy or Sweet
- QTY2Candles or Regional Ornaments
- QTY1 Glass Bottle of High Quality Olive Oil
- QTY 1 Balsamic Vinegar
Pork is an integral part of Basilicata's cuisine, often made into sausages or roasted on a spit. Mutton and lamb are also popular. Pasta sauces are generally based on meats or vegetables. Spicy peperoncini is largely used. The bitter digestifAmaro Lucano is made here.
Basilicata is best known for its uniquely shaped pasta called Capunti. Capunti is simply made from flour and water, however the shape of the actual pasta is what makes it different from many others. This type of pasta is usually served with a hearty vegetable tomato sauce or even different types of meat sauces.